.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Wednesday, December 28, 2005

 

TV: Best Episodes of 2005 (Full Year)

Top 22 Episodes of 2005, Full Year (25 episodes total):
Chart is based on a 5 point scale, with 5 being the best.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Number 1 episode is an episode of Committed (NBC).
Committed: was a series that lasted just 13 episodes in the spring tv season of 2005 (1/4/05-3/15/05) and starred Josh Cooke, Jennifer Finnigan, Darius McCrary, Tammy Lynn Michaels and Tom Poston. Overall, I gave the series a rating of 4.10 out of 5 (8.2 out of 10), but despite that relatively low rating, 2 episodes made it onto the top 19 list (and 2 episodes in the worst 19 episode list; the two episodes on the top 19 list: The Apartment Episode and The Perfect Person (1)). Relatively low 4.10 season rating? On my list of all seaons I've watched (season, not series), Committed ranked 259 out of 430 seasons watched. Committed was an ok series about two somewhat deranged people starting a relationship. Series was marred by both the fact that the episodes were shown out of order and the sense that the series was dead-on-arrival (DOA). Series was interesting, but at this point I’m neither eager to acquire a DVD copy of it, nor too disappointed that the series was cancelled.

Number 2 episode is an episode of Life on a Stick (FOX).
Life on a Stick: was another spring 2005 series (3/24/05-4/27/05). Series lasted just five episodes before being cancelled. I was able to see four of those episodes, and I gave the series an overall rating of 4.34. Keeping in mind that this is just based on four episodes, I’ll note that the season falls 23rd on my list of seasons seen. I don’t recall now what it aired against, but I recall seeing the series on a small tv that basically forced me to attempt to watch the episodes through fuzzy “snow.” Only reason I would watch on that small screen is if I was recording on the other TVs. I’m not sure if I overrated the series because I was compensating for the fuzzy reception or if I underrated the series because of being unable to see the episodes (basically turned into a somewhat funny radio program, with some shadowy flickering pictures). Series was marred (at least for me) by poor reception and, like Committed, a sense that the series was already DOA, and was just being burned off by the network.

Third ranked episode is from the series Bones (FOX).
Bones: is the first new series of fall 2005 on the list. Series is based on Kathy Reichs life and books (I read the first book long before I knew of the series and disliked it). Due to my dislike of the only book I’ve read by Reichs, I was somewhat hesitant to watch the series. I watched the first three episodes before its break for baseball, and was not tremendously impressed. The episodes ranged from bad to good with no consistency. When the series returned from its break, I had already decided to drop it and didn’t pay attention to the new episodes. Then the show I was watching in place of Bones took a break, so I ended up catching another episode of Bones. It was good enough to pull me in to try another episode, and eventually enough consistently good episodes to finally decide that this is actually a series that I’m watching instead of just something casual. Overall I’ve rated the series 4.25 (which actually falls 154th on my list of seasons watched).

And eventually, maybe, I’ll continue this rambling discussion with myself.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?