.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, April 25, 2005

 

DVD: Some Interesting DVD's Coming up in 2005

Technorati Tags:

The DVD for the first season of Remington Steele, I've just noticed, will be coming out 7/26/05. I was never able to see this show when it was originally on the air, and rarely saw the syndicated airings. Remington Steele was that early 1980s private investigator show staring Pierce Brosnan, pre-James Bond.

And those Pink Panther cartoons have been collected together and will be released on DVD on 7/26/05.

3rd Rock From the Sun's first season will also see a DVD release in 2005, on the same day as Remington Steele and Pink Panther cartoons. 3rd Rock was a great little sitcom, but the powers that be kept changing the timeslot for the show, and somewhere along the way, I lost track of it.

Despite the fact that the second season of the show That '70s Show was just released, the third season's release date has already been announced, and this time not on 7/26/05. The third season is currently scheduled to be released in November 2005. I just received my copy of the second season and haven't been able to watch it yet (distracted by the 1972 The Bob Newhart Show first season that I just picked up, hadn't seen before, and 2 comments: 1) great show; 2) no woman knew how to have good hair back in the early '70s, did they? - at least if the early episodes of Bob Newhart's show is any guide).

And don't forget those DVD's being released in May: I can't wait for May 10's release of the third season of Quantum Leap. The fourth season of Seinfeld will be released on the same date as the first season of Scrubs (5/17/05). With all the syndication Seinfeld has received, I'm much more interested in acquiring Scrubs. I'm somewhat less excited about the May 24th release of the first two seasons of Newsradio, though it could turn out like Just Shoot Me (which I picked up because it was available, and then really found it enjoyable). Though it could turn out like Night Court, a show I was actually looking forward to acquiring, and then was disappointed when I did finally pick it up. Finishing up May (in terms of television show DVD's I'm interested in) is the first two seasons of Moonlighting. I really enjoyed Moonlighting when it was on, recalled it getting very weird and am now a little reluctant about picking up this DVD.

Well, that's all for now as I'm off to see the Washington Nationals play another home game.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?